Apple does not have the habit to hurry with the updates, because they understand that haste might lead to new bugs and defects, to remedy which will have to produce more updates. An exception is that iOS for 13.5, but a timely release of this update, according to Apple, was a matter of life and death for millions of users around the world. But all other updates proprietary operating systems, the company continued to recover at a time when Cupertino was ready. For example, macOS 10.15.5.
Tonight Apple released the final version of macOS 10.15.5 Catalina. It can already download on air, the owners of all compatible Mac computers. Despite the fact that the company has started its testing at the same time with iOS 13.4.5, which is then renamed iOS 13.5, their release happened at different times. Perhaps affected technically remarkable innovation of a new build of macOS, which was a special mechanismthat prevents the chemical aging of the battery of laptops with the aim of extending its functionality.
Why should the management of the battery in macOS
The state management mechanism of the battery in macOS 10.15.5 designed to increase battery life by reducing the speed of its aging. This function is in charge of monitoring temperatures that have affected the battery, a study of the nature of its charge, and other factors. Based on these measurements a mechanism to suspend charging. This happens as needed, to ensure that the battery of your MacBook is charged up to the level that is optimal for your use case, in order to slow down the wear and tear, — said in a statement Apple.
The state management mechanism of the battery is not a passive mechanism, which is enabled by default, regardless of the opinions of the user. If you wish, you will be able to decide whether to use it by enabling or disabling the switch, which is hidden in “System settings”.
How to disable the battery management on the Mac
- Launch System preferences from the Apple menu and open the “energy Saving”;
- Select “battery Status”;
- Uncheck “Monitoring battery condition” and click “OK”;
- Click “Disable”.
However, Apple was not limited to only one state management mechanism of the battery, adding in macOS 10.15.5 a special tool to track wear. He’s hiding in the settings panel of energy saving and allows you to determine the condition of the battery and notifies you to the necessity of its replacement. A similar feature is in iOS. There, the system automatically calculates the remaining capacity of the battery in percent, pointing to a critical state, and recommending to contact the service center for service.
What’s new in macOS 10.15.5
- Controls for accurate display calibration Pro Display XDR;
- The function of releasing the speaker’s interlocutor FaceTime for group calls;
- The bug where repeating the reminder could not send notification;
- The solution to the problem of preventing the password on the lock screen;
- Error correction, because of which in System preferences the icon “1” notification is displayed, even after installing the update;
- The solution to the problem where the built-in camera could not be detected after participating in the videoconference;
- The solution to the problem Mac CPU T2, when the built-in speakers could not appear as a sound output device in settings;
- Increased stability when loading and unloading media files from the photo library of iCloud in the sleep state;
- The bug where the option “Reduce motion” did not reduce the speed of the animation in the group FaceTime calls.