Many users do not realize what a vast possibilities provides such a powerful tool like Automator. At first glance, the program is quite complex to learn, but understand, you can see that the control is pretty intuitive and clear. Today we tell about the service, which will allow a few clicks to convert PDF file to JPG format.
If you frequently work with PDF files, most likely you have to use special software or online services for different operations. It’s not always convenient — especially since you can perform these tasks using Automator. In this example, we will consider how to translate a PDF document into a simple image.
Did you know that you can copy text without formatting in macOS?
- The first thing we need to run the Automator app. This can be done through Spotlight, or in any other convenient way;
- In the opened window select “New document”, specifying the section “Program”;
- It is necessary to use search and find the item “Request object Finder”. Drag in the workspace of the program;
- Referring again to the search and find the following: “Get selected Finder objects” and “Edit PDF pages as image PDF”. Added to the program;
- Customizable conversion settings — format, color model, resolution and compression;
- It remains to find the last item — “Move Finder objects”. Dragged to the workspace and specify a folder to save future images;
- Maintain established program via the context menu or using the shortcut Command + S. you Specify the name and location of utilities. Everything is ready.
Thanks to our application, we can quickly and easily split PDF document into pages and save them as images in a separate folder.
Note that the conversion process can take a long time – the speed will depend on the number of pages and the capacity of the computer itself.