When the original Apple Watch first went on sale, they are barely functional. Fortunately, this is no longer the case. For smart hours Apple had developed quite a lot of third-party (albeit not always useful) apps. Yes and the operating system itself watchOS gradually but steadily improved. Now Apple Watch is a standalone device. With the smart watch you can even control other devices such as Apple TV.
As you know, to control a television set-top box Apple TV can not only corporate control, but also with the iPhone. But that’s not all — the same opportunity is present on the Apple Watch.
It is remarkable, but to use your smart watch to control Apple TV even easier than with a proprietary remote. After all, Apple Watch is almost always on hand, which, of course can be said about the remote.
Start the pairing process.
- Make sure that the Apple Watch and Apple TV are in close proximity to each other.
- Open the app “Remote” on the Apple Watch. Choose the option “Apple TV”.
- The TV will display a code which you must enter on the Apple Watch.
- Immediately after we see the interface of the management console.
Note that on older models Apple TV may require a manual setup. To do this, go to “Settings” -> “Remotes” and choose your Apple Watch.
So, how to control your Apple TV using the Apple Watch?
- The management is done with the options up, down, left and right. Use them to switch between apps and folders on Apple TV.
- To select the application or folder, tap the screen in the middle.
- To return to the main screen of “Remote control”, tap the top left button.
- Interact with movies, shows and music with the option “Play/Pause”.
- To return to the main Apple TV screen, press “Menu”.